The workshop has been cancelled, but if you would like more information on this subject, you can contact Goof van de Weg (email@example.com)
This workshop is part of the TrafCon* presentation series.
The objective of the workshop is to twofold. On the one hand, the goal is to discuss which parameters are of interest for simulation evaluation, so that a reliable judgement about the traffic controller can be done. On the other hand the goal is to share knowledge on conduction simulations and evaluations, so that researchers will start using similar simulation formats. This is beneficial when helping each other, or sharing evaluations.
The workshop will consist of a methodological part and a practical part. During the first part we will focus on the most important aspects that should be taken into account when conducting an evaluation. In the second part we will discuss and work with the microscopic simulation software Vissim, since, a lot of researchers working on traffic control are currently working with this software.
By attending the workshop you will learn the following:
• Setting evaluation goals: i.e. explaining why you want to evaluate your controller using simulation
• Translating your evaluation goals into requirements for the simulation set-up
• Being aware of the limitations and pitfalls of your simulation models
• Implementing a network in Vissim
• Integrating Vissim with Matlab
• Conducting an evaluation
Dr. Maria Salomons
Ir. Goof van de Weg