This course aims to provide empirical facts, theories, models, and tools to interpret, understand, predict, apply to freeway facilities. It will focus on motorways with discontinuities (no networks) and will take both a microscopic and macroscopic perspective.
After successful completion of this course, the student is able to:
- Comment on main traffic phenomena;
- Explain calculations of traffic operations in moving coordinates;
- Comment on the effect of multiple lanes;
- Comment on hysteresis and the capacity drop;
- Explain the necessary elements for a valid node model;
- Comment on the use of the Network Fundamental Diagram.
Please find more detailed information in the attached document.
Prof. Serge Hoogendoorn
Dr. Victor Knoop
ECTS: 1 (attendance) / 3 (with assignment)
TUD GS credits: 2 (attendance) / 5 (with assignment)
December 9, 2014, 13.30 – 16.00 h.
January 20, 2015, 10.30 – 16.00 h.
January 27, 2015, 10.30 – 16.00 h.
February 3, 2015, 13.30 – 16.00 h.
Participation: free for TRAIL/Beta/OML members, others please contact the TRAIL office